This article will show you how to install Windows 11 Lite on your computer. Without any doubt, we all know that Windows 11 is a feature-rich operating system with a pleasing appearance. Even though Windows 11 has a lot of new features, it still needs a lot of improvement. An outdated gadget may rapidly fill up to the point where it can no longer function correctly. Windows 11 Lite may now be downloaded and installed in five different ways. The easiest way to download it for free is through Windows Update, but you should wait until it is released. Also, you can see how to factory reset of Windows 11
- Also, you can see – how to reset an iPad
- Read your Guide – How to fix Ghost Touch on iPhone
- Read your Guide – How to Install Windows 11
How to Fix Them – Windows 11 Common Installation Problems
What Is Windows 11 Lite and How Does It Work?
This Windows 11 Lite build is essentially a stripped-down version of Windows 11 that just includes the files needed to run the OS. The major advantage of this build is that it can operate on pc with as little as 256 MB of RAM and 10 GB of storage, which is incredible.
Most resource-intensive effects, including the quick animations that some users enjoy, have been deleted from this edition of Windows 11 Lite, as you might anticipate. Other typical Windows applications, such as the Microsoft Store, Windows Defender, and Xbox Services, are also unavailable. However, by deleting these, Windows 11 Lite is expected to be quicker and consume less power. If the concept of a lightweight Windows 11 is interesting to you, continue reading to learn how to install it.
What You Need to Know Before Installing Windows 11 Lite
As excited as you are to install the lightest version of Windows 11, there are a few things you’ll need first. Take a look at the list below and cross everything off.
1. Microsoft Windows 11 Lite Build
You can’t install Windows 11 through Microsoft since this is a custom ISO file. Thankfully, the creator has made it really simple to get it. Keep the Windows 11 Lite ISO on your desktop after downloading it. The password will be asked when you extract the file.
2. Pen Drive and USB
This ISO image, like others, will need to be flashed onto a pen drive in order to be installed. Rufus, a utility software, is required to generate a bootable USB drive. Simply download it and save it on a pen drive for the next steps.
How to install Windows 11 Lite, you’ll need to create a partition
Whether you’re installing Windows 11 Lite from scratch or merely dual-booting it, you’ll need a partition on your PC. Before we go any further, let’s make one so we can utilize it in the Windows 11 Lite installation. For this, I’ll use a regular Windows 11 PC. The instructions are the same for individuals using different versions of Windows, so follow them below.
1. To launch the Run prompt in Windows 11, press Win+R on your keyboard. Enter “diskmgmt.msc” here and click Enter. The Disk Management window will appear.
2. Your hard drive and its pre-created partitions will now be visible. Either look for unallocated space, which is indicated in black, or decrease a disc to get some. Right-click on the partition you don’t require and choose either option, depending on your scenario. Simply right-click an existing partition and select ‘Shrink Volume’ from the menu. Then, on the box that appears, pick Shrink.
3. Right-click unallocated space and select ‘New Simple Volume’ from the menu.
4. Assign a letter and a name to your drive using the setup wizard. For the sake of simplicity, I’m naming it Windows 11 Lite. The remainder of the options may be left alone.
5. The new partition will be created once you click Finish.
We’re almost there now that the divide has been made. In the following part, we’ll burn the Windows 11 Lite ISO image.
Transferring an ISO Image to a USB Drive
Now we’ll burn the Windows 11 Lite ISO image to a USB flash drive for installation. Plugin your USB drive and follow the steps below assuming you’ve previously installed Rufus as described above.
1. To begin, open Rufus on your computer. Make sure your USB drive is selected by using the drop-down menu next to “Device.”
2. In addition to boot choices, click the “Select” button to select your ISO file.
3. Go to the directory where your build is saved. In my situation, I did it on the desktop. Select it and select the Open button.
4. Press the “Start” button now. You do not need to make any further changes.
5. To grant Rufus permission to format your pen drive, press “OK.”
6. The procedure might take anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes, depending on your computer. After that, you’ll get the notice below and may hit Close to eject your pen drive.
And we’re all set to go. Continue reading for more information on how to install Windows 11 Lite.
How To Install Windows 11 Lite on your PC from USB
Let’s now see How to install Windows 11 Lite on our system. Before we begin, make sure the target PC is turned off and the pen drive is plugged in. After that, follow the steps given below.
1. Press the ‘Power On’ button on your system and then the BIOS button many times. This varies by manufacturer, but it usually falls into one of three categories: ‘F2,’ ‘F8,’ or ‘F12.’
Credit: Driver Easy
2. Find the Boot Order option in the BIOS settings and choose the pen drive to boot from. Simply hover it with the arrow buttons on your keyboard and click Enter.
3. In a few minutes, you’ll be sent to the Windows setup, where you may continue as you would with a conventional installation. Continue by selecting the disk we made before in the disk selection screen.
4. The process may take some time to finish depending on your hardware, so don’t be alarmed if it appears to be stuck. After that, your PC will restart a few times, and you’ll be on the Windows 11 Lite desktop in no time!
It’s as simple as that! Your PC now has Windows 11 Lite installed. While you may use it as is, we’ll go through how to compress it even more in the part following.
Windows 11 Lite Windows Update
Windows Update is the easiest way to download Windows 11. Please follow the instructions indicated below to begin the installation. When it’s ready for your PC, you’ll get a notice in Windows Update notifying you that it’s available. You will not lose any data or files on your computer if you pick this option.
Step 1. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates to check for updates. Then, from the drop-down option, select Check for updates.
Step 2. A notice should appear informing you that a free upgrade to Windows 11 is available. Click the blue download and install button to download and install the software, and then click the Accept and install button to agree to the terms.
Step 3. After that, under Windows Update, the Upgrade to Windows 11 option should appear, along with a percentage and download progress. Please wait till it has completed its task before continuing.
Step 4. You’ll be requested to restart your computer after you’ve finished. It will take the shape of a blue box. From the drop-down menu, select the Restart now option. Your machine will continue to install Windows 11 and reboot a few times during the process. After you’ve finished, you’ll be taken to the Windows 11 desktop!
Features of Windows 11 Lite
- For all users, a full, secure, safe, and easy-to-use operating system.
- Windows 11 is a lightweight version that is meant to use as few resources as possible.
- The Start Menu, Taskbar, and Search Bar have all been totally overhauled.
- The Creators Update is the greatest version of Windows 11 for gaming and demanding tasks.
- Several new animations for window moving and dragging have been implemented.
- The touch controls have been considerably improved.
- It’s loaded with new noises and enhanced functionality.
- A variety of bars’ corners will be rounded.
- New icons have been added to the software to make it more visually attractive than earlier versions.
- A lot of new Widgets have been added to this version.
Apps such as the Microsoft Store and Xbox Live are available
These applications are not available on this Windows 11 Lite edition, as previously stated. The creator has deleted them from the build in order to conserve space. However, because this edition functions like any other Windows, you can easily install all of these applications.
Is this Windows 11 Lite also faster to boot up?
It does, in fact, fit the bill. When I used this Windows 11 Lite version, the start-up time decreased by at least 40 seconds. You could have even greater luck depending on your system hardware.
Is Windows 11 Lite safe to use?
I have not encountered any dangerous malware on my files or services while using this lightweight Windows 11 version. However, just to be cautious, I performed a Malwarebytes scan, which found two registry alterations marked ‘PUM.Optional.DisableMRT.’
Before you panic, keep in mind that these changes were made by administrators to prevent the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool from scanning and reporting once a month. While I cannot speak for the developer, I believe these changes were taken to ensure that the build was not hampered by another Microsoft service. If you don’t think these changes are worth it, you may debloat Windows 11 by following the steps in the section above.