Credit: The New York Times
Do you need a standing desk for your home office? Considering the alternative: no matter how much research you do before time, you’ll never know how comfortable — or cramped — a typical office desk is unless you check it out for yourself. But to do so, you’ll need someone to put up a desk in your house. If you get your measurements wrong, this may be a difficult process and a source of irritation. Call me crazy, and there’s only so much blood, sweat, and crying a person can pour into a $300 Wayfair buy until Consumer Stockholm Syndrome takes hold. Here, are the best standing desks of 2021.
What is the Best Standing Desk of 2021?
In our previous review, the Flexispot Comhar All-in-One Standing Desk received an Editors’ Choice award, and it might be the best choice you ever make for your home office; the stunning tempered glass surface is as lovely as it is useful. This standing desk is at the top of the list, with a stabilizing bar, built-in USB ports, and a handy anti-collision feature, making it our top pick.
Also, have a look at the Fully Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk. This electric powerhouse is a good investment, and it’s nice on the eyes, thanks to various customization choices, eco-friendly build materials, and robust construction.
Fully Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk standing desk is also a good choice. The scratch-resistant laminate covering on this large, configurable desktop keeps things clean at all heights.
Best Standing Desk of 2021
Best Standing Desk of 2021
1. Vari Electric Standing Desk
Desk Type: Electric | Dimensions: 30 x 60 x 25.5 inches | Weight: 31.4 pounds | Size: 60×30″ | Weight Capacity: 200lb | Desk Height: 50.5″
- The assembling procedure is simple and intuitive
- There are a variety of finishes and sizes available
- Features for excellent cable management
- Supports up to 200 pounds
- The Cable Management Tray is a separate purchase
Vari’s Electric Standing Desk comes in three width options. 48-inch, 60-inch, and 72-inch sizes are available to meet your home office’s demands, and it may be set up in minutes with the two Allen wrenches that come with it. The desk is supported by two t-style legs, each of which contains a motor that allows it to be raised or lowered to a maximum height of 50.5 inches or 25 inches, respectively.
Vari’s Electric Standing Desk is available in five distinct finishes in addition to three different widths. This desk can handle up to 200 pounds, making it perfect for heavy users that utilize several monitors and workstation PCs.
What surprised us the most, though, was the amount of care Vari put into the assembly of its desk. The desk’s structure is pre-assembled, and buyers simply need to put the legs together. The wires for both motors, as well as the keypad at the front of the desk, plug into a control panel in the center of the frame. Vari also offers a Cable Management Tray that connects to the rear of the desk and has enough space to store a power strip and even a large power adaptor for a business monitor.
The desk height can be adjusted easily and fast with the keypad, and there are four memory presets for remembering your favorite sitting and standing heights. When changing heights, the desk is rather quiet, and we were even able to lower and raise it without spilling a full cup of coffee. Vari also provides free delivery inside the United States and 30-day risk-free returns.
2. Flexispot Comhar All-in-One Standing Desk
Desk Type: Electric, Weight Capacity: 110 pounds, Height Range: 28.3” to 47.6” | Desktop Size: 48” x 24” x 1.7” | Ports: 3x Type-A USB, 1x Type-C USB
- Beautiful tabletop made of tempered glass
- There is 3 USB built-in charging ports
- Anti-collision capability is excellent
- Assembly is a breeze
- It’s a little hefty and big
Working from home is increasingly popular these days, while not every home is suitable for doing so. When you have a standing desk behind…err, in front of you, everything changes. The stunning tempered glass surface of the Flexispot EG8 will look great in any home office, and the built-in ports transform the desk into a 54-watt charging station. With each adjustment, a stabilizer bar holds everything in position, and the anti-collision feature works flawlessly.
The Flexispot EG8 isn’t only a standing desk; it’s the desk you didn’t realize you needed.
3. ApexDesk Elite Series 60-inch Stand
Desk Type: Electric | Weight Capacity: 225 pounds | Height Range: 29” to 48” | Desktop Size: 60” x 28” | Weight: 131 pounds
- For the money, this is a good buy
- Workspace that is stable at various heights
- Smooth motions are made possible by dual motors
- High-quality construction
- There are no possibilities for modification
- This item is not suitable for taller individuals
The ApexDesk Elite Series 60-inch, like the other standing desks on our list, raises the bar in terms of office aesthetics. This curved workplace has enough room for all of your 9-to-5 business necessities, and you can complement the surrounding décor with a selection of attractive desktop finishes.
The dual-motor lift mechanism is both quick and silent, allowing you to adjust the height of the desk from 29” to 48”. The desk is made from a single slab of industrial-grade steel, and its medium-density fiberboard desktop is coated with an anti-scratch, high-pressure laminate. The result? A super-stable surface that’s easy on the eyes, and even easier to clean.
4. Fully Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk
Credit: Fully Jarvis
Desk Type: Electric | Weight Capacity: 350 pounds | Height Range: 24.5” to 50” | Desktop Size: 48” x 30” x 0.8” to 72” x 30” x 0.8” inches | Weight: 46 pounds
- Beautiful and environmentally friendly desktop
- Dependable electric motors
- There are several customizing possibilities available
A standing desk is a game-changer whether you’re traveling to work or working from home. The Fully Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk, on the other hand, takes things to a whole new level. This desk is composed of environmentally friendly materials that give it a classy look; the two motors are quiet, and changing heights is a simple and seamless procedure. The best part is that it can hold up to 350 pounds. That means you can stuff your workstation with whatever you want.
Fully Jarvis’ customization possibilities, on the other hand, may soon drive up the price to an absurd level. However, if you have a power drill and some time, you can piece together your dream desk. Overall, the Fully Jarvis Standing Desk is the best standing desk on the market. It looks amazing and has a tonne of utility.
5. WFH Creators Stand UP Desk
Credit: Work From Home Desks
Desk Type: Manual adjusting | Weight Capacity: 100 pounds | Height Range: 29” to 45” | Desktop Size: 31.5” x 21.7” | Weight: 48 pounds
- Jigsaw puzzle with a one-of-a-kind design
- There are almost 1,000 setup possibilities available
- Materials that are strong and durable
- The cost of add-ons adds up
This WFH Creator’s Stand Up Desk is far larger than a typical writer’s desk, but it’s also the perfect workstation for that profession. The Birchwood ply components of this standing desk slide together like a giant jigsaw puzzle, and it can be adjusted to fit almost any living space, making it an “excellent alternative for entrepreneurs and creatives alike”. Plus, when you’re not using the Creator’s Stand Up Desk, you can quickly disassemble it, stack the components on top of each other, and tuck it beneath your bed.
WFH Desks also makes expanding your primary workstation simple. There’s a footrest add-on, different wing shelf attachments, and other desk modules, for example, to increase the amount of useable area on your desktop. For an additional $129, you can purchase a desk pad to preserve the glossy surface.
One WFH Desk, one top shelf, one Laptop Lifter wing, and two wing shelves are included in the Creators Stand Up Desk bundles. It’s up to you to decide what to create next once everything is put together.
6. UpLift V2 Standing Desk
Desk Type: Electric | Weight Capacity: 355 pounds | Height Range: 24.3 x 49.9 inches | Desktop Size: 42 x 30 inches to 80 x 30 inches | Weight: 68 to 93 pounds
- There are 17 different desktop styles available right now
- 13 different types of wood are available for custom orders
- There are several customizing possibilities available
- Long-term warranty of 10 years
- Comparatively low-cost
- Build quality is lower than that of competitors
- Overstated marketing statements
Because UpLift has been around for a long, you may already be familiar with the brand. This is due to the fact that they produce some of the most popular Chinese-made office items on the market today.
The UpLift V2 wins in the customization category, with a range of desktop sizes and eye-catching finishes to select from. You can essentially create the finest standing desk from on the company’s website, selecting your desktop size/style, frame type, wiring grommets, and keypad. Using the 48 ingenious mounting holes located throughout the frame, you can update your desk with a variety of accessories such as a standing mat, writing pad, surge protector, monitor arm, keyboard tray, and even an under-desk hammock.
The Uplift V2 standing desk is the third in a series of higher-end workstations by Uplift. The dual motors have a load limit of 355 pounds, and if you upgrade to the advanced keypad, you can add some helpful height presets to the mix.
Take their marketing materials with a grain of salt because UpLift is renowned for making exaggerated promotional promises. Nonetheless, for what it’s worth, sites like Wirecutter and Forbes have endorsed the V2. And I think it’s worth taking a look at.
7. Flexispot Deskcise Pro V9B
Credit: New Atlas
Desk Type: Bike/Manual Adjusting | Bike Weight Capacity: 300 pounds | Desktop Weight Capacity: 110 pounds | Seat Height Range: 29.6” to 37.2” | Desktop Height Range: 34.5” to 47.2” | Desktop Size: 23” x 16.5” | Bike Size: 48.4” x 37.6” x 22.8” | Weight: 76 pounds
- Allows you to burn calories even when you’re at work
- It’s simple to put together, move around, and store
- There are eight distinct levels of resistance
- LED monitor and built-in cupholder
- Uncomfortable over long periods of time
- Designed for those who are 5-foot-1-inch to 6-foot-2-inches tall
- For longer legs, this is not the best option
The Flexispot Deskcise Pro V9B is essentially an exercise cycle with an adjustable tabletop connected to the front, falling in between a sitting desk, a sit-stand desk, and gym equipment. While the verdict on how much of an influence standing desks may have on one’s overall health is yet out, With the Deskcise Pro V9 desk-bike combination, Flexispot takes its sit-stand-move idea to the next level. For individuals who spend a lot of time in front of the screen, such an investment might have a long-term influence on their health.
The basic idea is simple: when you add an exercise bike to the mix, sedentary activities like watching TV, surfing the web, or checking emails become suddenly active. You can take multitasking to new heights with the eight difficulty levels available; the built-in LED display maintains track of time, speed, calories burnt, RPM, and distance/total distance.
The 23″ x 16.5″ tabletop is completely adjustable in height from 34.5″ to 47.2″ and can be pushed forward and backward. The bike seat’s height can be adjusted between 29.6 and 37.2 inches, and it’s meant for those who are between 5-foot-1 inch and 6-foot-2 inches tall, which is hilarious because many people who suffer from back discomfort are much taller.
What factors should you consider while choosing a standing desk?
Standing desks come in a variety of sizes and forms, but there are a few things to keep in mind before buying them.
1. Types of standing desks
- Electric Stand – It is the most common type of standing desk that we suggest. At the push of a button, electronic controllers activate tiny motors that change the height of your workstation. These workstations are entirely customizable to your workplace needs, with a variety of forms and sizes to select from. Alternatively, a carpentry shop may be required.
- Manual adjusting Stand – Manual controls are used to modify this type of standing desk; it can do in a hurry, but there are more practical choices available these days.
- Standalone frames – These extendable frames are a lifesaver for any DIY workshop since they can be connected to practically any surface. They are available in a variety of sizes and weight capabilities.
- Standing desk converters – These tabletop frames allow you to transform your current desk into a sit-stand desk with very little effort.
2. Size of the Desk frame
This should go without saying, but don’t buy a desk that won’t fit in the space you’re planning to put it in. Also, think about what you’ll be keeping on the desk in the long run; the size and construction of the desk frame should be based on your personal demands. Furthermore, some standing desk frames are more flimsy than others. Some desks, for example, are only intended to withstand 50 pounds, while others may take up to 500 pounds.
3. Ergonomics and height adjustments
Make sure the proportions of your new standing desk match the size of your own body before you buy. Your monitor should be at eye level, and your elbows should be at your sides. Desktops are typically adjustable between 21 and 56 inches. In a nutshell, organic comfort is essential.
4. Whistles and bells
- Settings that can be customized – More sophisticated keypads also have preset height buttons in addition to up/down controls. When your technology rises to meet you at the touch of a button, you’ll feel like a starship commander. The future has arrived.
- Unique desktop options – When buying a standing desk, there are many different types of desktops to pick from, such as bamboo, birch, and tempered glass. However, if you purchase a stand-alone frame, you may use whatever workstation surface you choose.
Attachments and accessories for gaming – Look for features like built-in speakers and monitor arms, as well as mouse-friendly desktops.