The Canon’s EOS Rebel T100/ EOS 4000D actually does feel that a camera has been designed, manufactured, and built which is affordable and budget imposed. With most of the cameras being made up of different components from the parts to make them look different and work uniquely, there’s really not much to recommend over the other entry-level DSLRs apart from its pricing feature. A camera along with EF-S 18 to 55mm kit lens is actually one of the most amazing and affordable cameras to buy. Along with the low pricing which attracts users, there’s a limited feature that is set and the poor screen of the camera. To have a beginner-friendly camera, spending more and getting a camera like EOS Rebel T100 is pretty much great!
- Built-in WiFi
- HD videos
- Built-in viewfinder
- Face detection
- Light body
- No Image stabilisation
- No Screen resolution
- Slow continue shoots
- No Touch screen
- Only 9 focus points
The Canon EOS Rebel T100 or EOS 4000D is one of the Canon’s amazing, cheapest and latest entry level DSLR and also is aimed at the first time in the interchangeable lens camera buyers. The camera is small and light in weight which makes it easy to roam around and click! This also means that the camera is made by cutting down some corners but the camera’s corners are largely cosmetic. The main working of the camera is pretty much great and also produces some amazing videos and stills. It’s very much a great option for a beginner friendly photographer!
The Canon EOS 4000D produces pictures with 18 megapixel which is a reasonable size. This means that the camera, Rebel 4000D is able to produce at least 50 megabyte files which are quite big enough for any type of usage to the user. So, just use them to upload on the social media or print them in the newspapers and magazines. There’s one advantage to the user by the Canon 4000D is that it has a Canon Crop frame which is used to crop the frame lenses and the full frame lenses on the camera.
Also, you can check Blink Floodlight Camera Review
The Rebel T100 has a DIGIC4+ processor. It’s not the most recent one but the processor is actually a great and reliable workhorse. Also, the camera produces clean, clear, and crisp pictures along with wonderful color representation. Also, it works great with the video too. The camera has 2 autofocus systems, the first one runs through the viewfinder and the second one runs through the LCD screen at the back. Both of the autofocus systems are pretty great and work with the nine-point autofocus system. The camera is available for around £329.99 or €379.99 and also it comes along with the bundled with the EF-S of 18-55mm kit lens for £369.99 or €429.99.
Now, let’s know about the Canon EOS Rebel T100/4000D in detail such as performance, image quality, Build and handling and much more. Also, you can see the top 10 disposable cameras in 2021
The EOS 4000D offers the users an APS-C sensor in the camera along with a 9-point autofocus system along with a single cross-type point with Full HD video records and 3Fps for continuous shooting the pictures. The ISO range of the camera is 100-6400 which is an expandable ISO range to up uo 12,800 and also has a fixed rear screen. Under the DSLR photography, the cameras’ specs are simple and decent but it’s accurate to have for beginners. The camera is being designed with all amazing features like WiFi, though without NFC, and also the camera can shoot up to JPEGs, can click and capture around 6 raw files in a burst. Also, it offers the 18-55mm III kit lens which has no stabilization for images and also one that doesn’t employ Canon’s quiet USM or STM autofocus motors. The EOS 4000D has a very similar size and weight as compared with the EOS 2000D. The simple and decent controls and the rounded contours of the camera makes it more pleasing to handle and roam around. This camera could seriously lead the existing Canon camera owners confused as there is no power switch to this camera. Instead of that separate power switch, there’s an ‘Off’ button positioned on the mode. It could be taken as a sign of deliberate cost-cutting to have on such an entry-level camera. Another thing is a plastic lens mounting plate. Under the camera 4000D, the users will be able to sort the photographers who do tend to change the lens very often, so this won’t be an issue but it’s a little feature that is unexpected in this camera. The small rear screen along with low resolution has some jarring effect as well. Also, when the user is shooting in a full auto mode along with lowlights, then the user would need to manually pull the flash up when they want to use it. The controls of the camera are simple but quite effective. Canon has always been great to make the beginner-friendly users use the cameras/DSLRs which are simple on the outside but still have enough access to the settings and controls of the camera which helps to keep the user up as they need to develop their skill sets and know-how. On the other level, the camera EOS 4000D or T100 is a perfectly good camera as an intro to the DSLR photography world as it provides all the user needs like decent sensors and manual control over the camera to develop the users’ skill sets. Also, you can see a review for the best polaroid cameras to buy in 2021
Build and Handling
The camera EOS 4000D is pretty much similar to the beginner-friendly cameras but the finish of this camera is plastic and basic, in comparison with the 2000D, the camera has got a more of a premium and textured finish. The EOS 4000D has also been done with the switch button, On/Off switch, instead, it is switched to just an ‘Off’ button which is situated on the mode dial which is right on the top of the camera. Talking about the mode dial, There’s a Scene Intelligent Auto mode which is labeled in green color as all the other settings and also allows the camera to cut down the costing. The icons of the controls of the camera are being printed on the camera’s body rather than on each of the buttons, individually. The size of the button is pretty good and has easy access to a number of useful and important settings which include the ISO, AF, WB, and the Drive mode which is on the 4-way controllers. The configuration of the buttons is quite easy to know and understand for the users and also the user can navigate. There’s a ‘Q’ button, known as the Quick Menu button which enables the users to quickly and fastly access and adjusts the settings which are being commonly used by the users. The camera has got great controls and a good rubber grip at the front of it but there’s no rubber grip at the back of the camera for the thumb support and also, the camera’s plastic body can feel the user as quite cheap to have in the user’s hand. The shutter sound in the 4000D is quite loud and noticeable to other people surrounding the user. The optical viewfinder of the camera has a rubber surround which is soft in the material which makes the hold of the camera more comfortable and easily holdable by the users. There are 9 focus points in the camera along with the central one which means the user can master focusing a subject and recomposing it as well. Also, the viewfinder doesn’t feature with dioptre correction. The flash pop needs to be pulled manually if the user wants to use the flash.
These beginner friendly DSLRs may not be said as the renowned for the burst shooting speeds but the EOS Rebel T100’s 3fpps would make it the slowest camera. The EOS Rebel T100 is being handled by a 63-zone with dual layer sensor that’s linked up with all the AF points and these are found to be pretty consistent for most situations. It tends to overexpose when it’s being presented with the high contrasting lighting. Another thing that is counting against the rear display of 2.7 inch is the display’s aspect ratio which is 4:3. While the EOS Rebel T100 features to have a small screen along with low resolutions sensor as compared to the 2000D camera. The processing engine in the camera EOS Rebel T100 is DIGIC 4+, which is absolutely amazing and also it offers to have a native ISO range of 100 to 6400 which is also expandable by 12,800 to the maximum. The AF system consists of 9 detection points which are great and the camera offers 3fps shooting that too continuously.
The camera with 18MP sensor is a perfect fit to jump up from a smartphone camera or point and shoot camera types to a decent and amazing camera which displays the images with great quality and good amount of details. The camera, EOS Rebel T100 is truly not the best to have for a user but it’s surely a performer camera to try on. It could surely satisfy the needs of the users with basic features and specs. The JPEG images which are being displayed by this camera are also on a pretty much great level of warmth and saturation of the image of the camera. Also, with the help of Canon’s picture style, the user can tweak and change the tones, portrait modes and much more can benefit the users from the muted tones to the dedicated presets which are available. Image noises are being handled pretty well and also the EOS 4000D is obviously not a match to the new models nowadays. Images are being appeared in the camera are pretty much clean and have an ISO ranging from 100 to 1600. Raw files under this camera are also better along with the Granular noise and the Color noise which is pretty much handled and controlled at the ISO range 6400. Images taken under this camera are mostly using the 18 megapixel JPEG settings which provides the user with an image size (on an average basis) of about 5MB. The pictures clicked in the night are also great as it provides with the maximum shutter speed which is about 30 secs and also, the camera has a bulb mode which allows the user to click and capture pictures with enough lights in the situations. Also, you can see a full review of the Canon EOS 4000D
- Type: 22.3 mm x 14.9 mm
- Effective Pixels: 18.0 megapixels
- Total Pixels: 18.7 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed
- Sensor Cleaning: Manual and Dust Delete Data acquisition
- Colour Filter Type: RGB Primary Colour
- Processor: DIGIC 4+
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- Focal Length: equal to 1.6x, focal length of the lens
- Image Stabilisation: compatible lenses provides Optical Image Stabilizer
- Focusing Type: With the help of optical viewfinder, secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system along with AF-dedicated sensor, also with live view on LCD screen and Contrast detection AF
- AF Points: 9 AF points
- AF working range: Centre AF point: EV 0 -18 (at room temperature & ISO 100)
- AF Modes: AI Focus (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI SERVO AF automatically), One Shot AF, AI Servo & Manual
- AF Point Selection: Via optical viewfinder: Automatic selection from up to 9 points and Manual selection
- Shutter Type: electronic control over the focal shutter along with electronic first curtain
- Speed: 30-1/4000 sec, Bulb (Total shutter speed range)
- White Balance: Auto balance with the imaging sensor
- Viewfinder Type: Pentamirror
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): 95%
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror
- Eyepiece shutter: On strap
- Brightness Adjustment: Adjustable, from one of seven levels
- Display Options: Quick Control Screen and Camera settings
- Shooting Modes: Scene Intelligent Auto, Manual, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Movie, Food, Night Portrait, Program AE , Shutter AE, Auto, Sports Mode
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Image Processing: Highlight Tone Priority, Auto Lighting Optimizer, Long exposure noise reduction, High ISO speed noise reduction and Auto Correction of Lens which is up to 20 lens profiles
- Drive modes: Single shot, Continuous shot, Self timer shots like timer of 2s, 10s, 10s +
- Live View Mode: Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
- Live Mode: One Shot AF
- Quick Mode: One Shot of phase detection AF sensor
- Manual (Magnification 5x or 10x available)
- Computer: Hi-Speed USB only
- Wifi: Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11b/g/n), (2.4 GHz only) and Connectivity to Smart devices is possible via Canon Camera Connect app 8
- Wi-Fi Security
- Camera Access Point: WPA2-PSK along with AES encryption
- Storage Types: SD card, SDHC card and SDXC card
- Supported Operating System: PC & Macintosh: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1 and Mac OS X 10.10 – 10.13
- Batteries: 1 x Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E10
- Battery Indicator: 4 levels
- Power saving mode: it turns off after 30 sec or 1, 2, 4, 8 or 15 mins.
- Power Supply: Battery charger LC-E10E
4000D under different types of photography
The Canon 4000D/ Rebel T100’ performance level has been shown and now let’s see what the camera performs in these various fields of photography. Each of the sections or categories stands for some specific area to have a shot or click pictures. Every part will have the 4000D’s performance and an overall information. So, let’s know about the Canon’s 4000D performance under different areas.
- Portrait Photography: The score could be 90 out of 100 for the skills of Portrait photography by 4000D as compared to others. Also, if we pick similar cameras from the same classes, the Canon’s EOS 4000D is said to be the most amazing and great camera model to choose from various options for portrait mode of photography. Choosing Rebel T100 is surely the best option to choose as the benefits a user may have are that there’s a large APS-C sensor in the camera, the brand is well-known because of its skin tones and the most amazing is face detection focus. The minor could be that there’s no image stabilization.
- Daily basis photography: On a daily basis the need to click pictures from this camera is quite mild, according to me. There are various benefits to use on a daily basis but also, some minors which leads to the camera’s performance on a daily basis photography to a mild stage. The advantages the user can have from this camera on a daily basis is that it has Large APS-C sensors,the camera has some built in features like Built-in flash for the users, built-in Viewfinder for the users. Also, the user can have a live view photograph which is just amazing!! And there’s a wireless connectivity feature which makes it more unique and attractive. The minors are that the camera weight is big and size is also a big one. Another minor is that the video isn’t available.
- Landscape photography: The landscape photography of this camera is amazing and great to have for a user. This model of camera is actually better suited for the landscape photography and impresses people in one go… The advantages a user can have by using the camera for landscape photography are Large APS-C sensors, live view photography and the RAW support by the camera. The minors are 18MP resolution sensor which is low, sealing for environment isn’t there and bad max native ISO which is 6400.